We made some progress over the weekend and the house is finally getting some normalcy back. Ravi and I worked long hours until ALL the cabinets were up. They look good in the kitchen and out of the dining room! We made a counter top change as well. Originally we bought Zodiaq Quartz counters in a light tan, but they were pricey and since our budget blew up and now only allows for counters made from our own self-compressed denim jean shreds we decided to visit our local Lowes and see what they had. Quartz was my kind of thing because it is a solid surface. No stains, ever. No sealing, ever. Heaven. Lowes, however, showed us a new granite counter that has the sealant embedded in the stone. It is guaranteed stain proof for 15 years, no sealing needed, and then you can choose to stain after that but it is still not needed. Price tag? $52/sq ft. Where do I sign, please? What did we pay at Ikea? $77/sq ft and that is with the 20% off we received. Cost savings people, feels so good. I guess we could still afford to get that counter-depth fridge after all...? Settle down, Ravi, I am only half joking, but not really, at all. But seriously, or not. I love you, babe. ;)
You can see we have our popcorn/ rice cooker/ crock pot station set up still, but it looks so much better.
So, the plumber is coming tomorrow to hook up the gas range and the electrician is coming tomorrow to finish off the pot lights and new outlets. It is really creeping along at lightning speed. We are quickly getting done, slowly. It feels good.
No comments:
Post a Comment